Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

14 Things you shouldn't say to your Pastor

The folks at preaching.com have listed the following 14 things parishioners shouldn't say to their pastor.

1. I wish I had a job like yours, where I could work only one day a week.
2. What do you do with all the free time you have?
3. Can I have a couple of minutes before you preach?
Image Credit: www.almy.com
4. I love you pastor, but _______________________________ (fill in the blank).
5. I like your preaching, pastor, but I really like ____________________________ (fill in the blank with television or podcast preacher).
6. Can your wife/husband play piano?
7. Your kids shouldn't behave that way. After all, they are pastor's kids.
8. Your low salary is good for you. It keeps you humble and dependent on the Lord.
9. I bet you don't spend any time preparing your sermons.
10. Pastor ________________ (predecessor pastor) didn't do it that way.
11. You don't have a real degree. You went to seminary.
12. How much longer do you think you'll be at our church?
13. Did I wake you up pastor? It's only 1 a.m.
14. Did you hear what they are saying about you?

No comments: